Sun in Leo 2013 – don’t let it go to your head
Make hay while the sun shines!
Author: Paula Johnsen
Jyotish With Paula Blog
Vedic Astrology – Jyotish – Inspires, informs, enlightens!
Highlights: Jyotish With Paula Blog – August 15, 2013
Sun in Leo 2013 can boost our confidence – which is great! Enjoy the autumn days and share some of your abundance
Make hay while the sun shines is also wise – put away some of your harvest for the coming months – gold may be good to buy now
Sun transiting Leo can prevent us from seeing the details of our life up close – mistakes can be made – perceptions skewed if over-confident
Remember that there are substantial global & economic shifts coming this fall – a sharp shift downward is possible – preparations need to be made
How wonderful – Sun is transiting Leo August 17 – September 17th, 2013!
Sun, the planet of illustrious kingship returns to his royal palace and happily sighs in relief as his devoted entourage welcomes him back home. From August 17 – September 17th the world may seem a brighter place by his regal presence in Simha (the Sanskrit name for the constellation of Leo the lion). Confidence may surge as we survey our own kingdom and reap the well-deserved harvest of our life this year. This may be the time to take our profits from the market and enjoy buying and wearing gold! Wearing golden, bright red and orange colors may also appeal. It’s also a good time to share some of our abundance – spread the light around. Commit to making your world a little happier, brighter and more joyful.
But wait; don’t we also have to look to see what other planets are doing and how they may influence Sun in Leo’s perspective on life?
This personality may also be very hot-tempered and doesn’t like competition.
He likes to be the center of attention and resents others who try to usurp his position.
Other planets in the same constellation may be overshadowed by his natural radiance and disappear from view.
This can lead to jealousy and misunderstandings with those closest to him.
And with over-confidence in the moment, he may fail to put aside some of his abundant harvest for the coming winter months, and continue to indulge his every royal whim.
Sun in Leo’s confident approach can easily move to boastfulness, not planning for the future, and failing to see vital details close to home.
Even if we don’t have Sun in Leo by birth, we can also experience some of these tendencies when Sun transits Leo, or key planets or houses in our chart – as the Sun in Vedic Astrology represents ego, health, confidence, the father and our leadership capabilities, and is a secondary ascendant for everyone.
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep.
Some hours later Sherlock wakes his faithful friend…
“Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see.”
Watson replies, “I see millions of stars.”
“What does that tell you?” asks Sherlock.
Watson ponders for a minute, then says…
“Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.
Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Libra.
Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three.
Theologically, it’s evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant.
Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.
What does it tell you?”
Holmes is silent for a moment, then speaks.
“Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent!”
It’s important to see the details as well as the grander picture with Jyotish
- With Sun in Leo, there’s a valuable lesson to be learned about balancing perspectives
- Having the long view while looking right up close
- Enjoying the moment of fullness while averting the dangers not yet come
- Jyotish offers such an unbounded perspective to those trained in this delightful science of light
- Many analysts can get lost in the broad scheme of things and if not careful, fail to see what’s right in front of us
- It is very easy to get tempted by the ivory tower of abstraction and fail to meet the practical needs of the every day
- Sun in Leo shines his radiance all round to help us see things more clearly if we use the Science of Light wisely
There is an old saying ” make hay while the sun shines” – and the sun does shine brightly in Leo
Treasure and enjoy this special time of year – take full advantage of the kingly Lion at home in sign 5.
Also be wise; don’t over-indulge and over-spend – think carefully about the winter months coming and preserve.
It is good to realize that the sun doesn’t always shine so brightly as it does in Leo. In just two months time, the Sun is debilitated in Libra (Oct. 17 – November 15). Where I live in northern Canada there is distinct shift from sunny, warm, autumn days and playing in the leaves to preparation for winter. The colorful autumn leaves have been swept away, the nights are longer, and everything looks a little stark and foreboding.
Similarly the planetary influence of debilitated Sun at October 17 – November 15th is felt world-wide as a general loss of confidence, over-reliance on others’ advice, and a feeling of not being able to go it alone. Because the global stock market is dependent on confidence, when debilitated Sun joins the challenging Saturn and Rahu combination in Libra there could be a strong adjustment and some Vedic Astrologers predict a popping of the economic balloon.
For those who haven’t let Sun in Leo go to their heads and have made hay (and tucked some away) while the sun shines – times will be easier this fall. For those who have been over-confident and over-invested in the market they may feel a pinch this fall as other economic and global shifts occur .
- Because the sun will be generally weak by being debilitated from October 17 – November 15
- Yuti (combined) with two strong malefics (exalted Saturn and Rahu) in Libra (the sign of business)
- With Retrograde Mercury – challenging communications, electronics, computers, and business in general
- The full solar eclipse on November 3rd in Swati Nakshatra can intensify an already challenged time
- As moon shifts to debilitation November 4th and 5th – both luminaries will be debilitated
- Be a little extra careful during this time about investments, speculation, and all business dealings
- It’s not a good time to start new ventures for about a week before and after the eclipse patterns
- Eclipse patterns are valuable for spiritual advancement – so more meditation and rest are advised
With 10 top tips to favor and avoid for transiting Sun in Leo
August 17 – Sept. 17, 2013
When Sun shines brightly in Leo – favor
- finding a balance between confidence and practicality
- enjoying the fulfilling days and happy feelings
- absorbing the sunlight in moderation
- spending time with those who adore you
- being magnanimous and generous with love
- sharing some of the spotlight
- feeling confident and special – you are!
- contentment – you’ve done a good job – enjoy!
- accepting a titled position or job advancement
- putting some of your hay away for a gloomy day
When the Sun shines brightly in Leo – avoid
- over-indulging your royal whims
- becoming an ” it’s all about me” person
- overspending to impress others
- over-confidence leading to a great fall
- feeling invincible and not protecting yourself
- flattery – you may fall prey to schemes
- roaring at everyone who fails to please you
- hogging all the spotlight – others do exist as well
- the need to act brighter or smarter – you already are – so just BE
- overlooking the obvious – it’s often right in front of you
Copyright: 2013 – All rights reserved
Scroll down to read or leave a comment.
Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.
Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.
Peace begins with a smile.
Copyright: 2013 – All rights reserved