Sani and Rahu conjunct Libra – Powerful Pressurizing Energies Can Rock Your World
Vedic Astrology: Jyotish With Paula Blog – Feb. 4, 2013
Jyotish – The Science of Light – educates, inspires, enlightens.
Sani and Rahu conjunct Libra 2013
- prepare yourself to deal with pressures and change
- business is not as usual
- portends pressures, stress and sudden upsets in economy, geography, environment, and politics
- global impact may be felt – negative and positive effects outlined
- watch for a collective crises mentality August 1 – October 30, 2013, intensifying September 17th (exact Sani/Rahu conjunction)
- Jyotish With Paula Advice: 10 top tips on “what to avoid” and “what to favour” to make August – October easier
- Jyotish With Paula’s Top Ten Health Tips to reduce stress and pressure.
- Ascendant examples: where you may feel the pressures, challenges and benefits of Sani and Rahu conjunct Libra. (Click on your Ascendant for detailed predictions.)
Sani and Rahu conjunct Libra
why can this shake things up?
On January 15 2013, Rahu joined Sani (Saturn) in Libra – the sign of business, partnerships and relationships. These two powerful planets will stay together in Libra until July 13, 2014 – about 18 months. September 17th of this year, Sani and Rahu conjunct Libra will be at the same degree. Things could really heat up and intensify for about a month before and after this date.
When any two malefics join together in the cosmic sky, Jyotishis tend get a frown on their faces and often predict difficult or challenging events. When two first-rate malefics like Saturn and Rahu join, which is a fairly rare event, frowns get deeper and dire events are predicted both individually and collectively.
Some are particularly concerned about earthquakes, plagues, confrontations and extreme governmental upsets during this conjunction. Others are nervous of the economy and a sudden downturn in the global markets, and what this will mean for business in the global economy. Yet others are expressing concern about unexpected, widely spread health events or terrorist activities that may have a global impact.
Is there any basis to worry?
Let’s look at this logically, together. The best way to do so is to look at what Sani and Rahu signify in a Jyotish Chart:
Saturn (Sani) is the planet of responsibility, contraction and pressure.
Without Saturn, nothing would get done. He’s the task master that ensures that we focus, pay our dues, do our duty, and can bring suffering, particularly if we don’t follow through with a good work ethic or are undisciplined. He’s the great leveler of the playing field of life.
Completely democratic in nature, he sees no difference between the highest and the lowest: all are the same in his vision. He’s the planet furthest away from the Sun, (but is the Sun’s son), and as such, is full of light – but more at a transcendental level. In Libra (his exaltation sign) he does reward hard work and focus in the business, partnership and legal areas of life, but tends to give us our rewards at the end of a series of challenging events.
Most Jyotishi’s agree that Saturn represents obstructions, calamities, poverty, resistance and delays in a Jyotish chart. Saturn also represents mines, minerals and oils deep within the earth; some say he represents the earth itself, and the southern direction.
Rahu is the planet of illusion, obsession and urgency
Rahu is the first addict of the galaxy – one who will do anything to fulfill his needs and desires – even risk getting his head snipped off, in doing so. Like the cosmic snake that he is, he doesn’t move in a straight line and tends to strike suddenly and venomously.
Rahu also deals with sudden change, technologies, politics, mysterious events, plagues, theft, the spirit world, the unconventional, alternative thinking, foreigners, unfounded fears, obsessiveness, science, the press (news) and the south-west direction.
When Sani and Rahu conjunct Libra – we get a mixture of their influences
Some of the negative effects of this combination may be:
- pressured urgency in the news, obsessive work patterns, upheavals to create democracy and political overturns
- nuclear activity or sudden nuclear strikes between countries
- enforced political domination by foreigners or outsiders (some say this can include outside of earth’s boundaries)
- calamities or sudden transformations deep in the earth, including earthquakes – particularly in the south or southwest quadrants of countries or provinces
- whirl winds or storms that could cause wide-spread damage and destruction – scattering things like the wind
- fear of global poverty – or a great levelling of the world economy
- toxic waste or oil spills resulting in panic
- fear of oil shortage and panic as a result (both may be based on illusory predictions)
- resistance or fear about foreigners and foreign thinking
- many news events about global challenges
- panics or fears about pressures or sudden changes in global health
- fears or obsessions about political and monetary events
- panic about law suits or trouble with enemies
- obsessive interest in bringing punishment to those who have wronged (or are viewed to have wronged) others
For every possible negative predictive effect, there may be an equally positive outcome
Some of the positive effects of this conjunction may be:
- steady technological advancements and “outside the box” transformations
- alternative energy sources found within the structure of the earth or outside of earth boundaries
- sudden gains in oil or mineral finds in unexpected locations
- sudden creative solutions to illnesses, plagues, and toxic spills
- interest in and access to transformational spiritual energies
- news or press interest in positive events showing steady change and progress
- global family concepts – working together towards transformational world improvement
- gains for all and not just a few
- an opportunity to see if we as people and nations are creating the world we wish
- seeing the illusory effects of the world-wide news system – which may encourage unnecessary panic and fear
- harnessing of clean nuclear power to advance the world economy
- elimination of global terrorism through wise use of ancient techniques of peace, balance and harmony
Ten tips to make Sani and Rahu in Libra: August – October easier:
- worry is the domain of Saturn and Rahu, as they are both vata (or wind based) doshas – when together, worrying and fussing escalate
- confrontation and pressure – particularly in groups
- speculative ventures in the market unless you’re an expert – world markets may undulate (Rahu) and extremes can result
- feelings of urgency to invest based on fear – example: fear of oil or mineral (Saturn) shortages (which may be entirely illusory)
- air travel in the month before and after the exact conjunction September 17th
- politically sensitive areas – challenges can intensify
- well-recognized earthquake and whirl wind (including hurricane) areas – could intensify greatly as the year proceeds
- planning trips or holidays in the south-west quadrants of any nation from August – October: things can get shaky
- legal, marital, and business disputes or you may find yourself obsessing endlessly about unfavorable results
- spending too much time watching the news – feeding fear based thinking
- common sense (Saturn loves the common touch)
- make decisions from a settled mind and feelings
- unexpected advancements in technologies at this time that civilization can use for alternative energy sources
- environmental clean up, health care, computer and business technologies to promote progress for humanity – there could be success in investments in these areas
- countries working together to help other countries in need – make pledges and offer contributions to group efforts
- kinder behavior to your neighbours from different cultures and charitable to people from other lands
- gains in the mines/minerals/oil businesses – investigate and invest as you feel
- gentler, friendlier ways to solve disagreements by not pursuing legal action
- activities that take the strain out of relationships
- riding out the Saturn/Rahu conjunction in a settled or meditative place – knowing things tend to work out in the long-term
- meditate regularly – good to meditate more when we find we’re under a lot of stress or working too hard
- keep up a good routine including relaxation, entertainment and exercise routines – avoid working too hard to make things happen
- when you find yourself obsessing or feeling pressured, sit back and let go a little
- best not to travel too much this year: air travel at this time can really increase worry and sleeplessness
- best not to make critical decisions from August – October – you may feel frantic and this can impact your health
- if you know you don’t react well to sudden market changes, better to place your assets elsewhere and feel peaceful
- listen to your intuition – don’t do anything that doesn’t feel right
- fear of plagues and pestilence can grip the news – panic may be illusory driven, so listen carefully to positive world events
- take care of health concerns that seem sudden – seek out a second or third opinion before acting on news like “immediate surgery required”
- think carefully and practically before diving into anything that feels like it’s urgency driven
Please note that the information below refers to Vedic Ascendants. You may wish to also read the following from your Vedic Sun and Moon for more valuable information about the impact of the Sani and Rahu Conjunct Libra, 2013 on your life.
Click on your Ascendant below for detailed information about the Sani and Rahu conjunct Libra, 2013.
Copyright: 2013 – Jyotish With Paula Blog – All Rights Reserved
Comments on Sani and Rahu conjunct Libra 2013 -are warmly welcomed!
Life is really simple but we insist on making it complicated.… Confucius
Paula Johnsen is a published writer and author of Jyotish E-book: Jyotish is Fun!