Libra Ascendant Vedic Sun or the Moon
loves beauty and balance – and it can’t come too soon!
Highlights of Jyotish With Paula Blog – post Oct. 25, 2013
- Sun transits Libra October 16- November 17, 2013: Libra doesn’t like to go it alone in business or personal life
- Librans can be fanatical or compatible as they strive to find balance and create a more heavenly life on earth
- Favorable and unfavorable traits of Libra Ascendant, Sun or Moon: how others react to the justice seeking and business-minded Libra
- Jyotish With Paula Advice – what to favor and avoid for Sun’s transit of Libra – these suggestions apply year-round to the Libra Ascendant, Sun or Moon
In the Vedic calendar Sun transits Libra from October 16 – November 15
All of us begin to feel the influence of the Sun transiting, or moving through Venus’s sign number 7 – the house of business, partnerships, relationships – the sign of others from October 17 – November 15th. Now, the host of sign number 7, Venus, is not a friend to the Sun. This is also the sign where Sun feels weak – so Sun doesn’t really feel at his best being here. (Imagine what you may feel like staying in a home of someone who doesn’t like you.)
Sun is a fiery planet, representing our soul, as well as our ego. When he’s exalted (in sign number 1 – Aries) the personality tends to be very strong – as does the ego. When he’s in Libra, and debilitated, his fiery energy, plus his egoistic tendencies are softened and toned down by the Venus energy he’s transiting. This means that though it’s more challenging to lead the charge and be tremendously ambitious with Sun in Libra – by placement or transit in our chart – it is easier to get along with everyone and work in harmony.
Those of us who have their Vedic Ascendant, Sun or Moon in sign 7, or in the 7th house, or have a number of planets in the 7th sign or 7th house (from the ascendant, Sun or Moon) will exemplify some of the Libra tendencies and characteristics listed below.
More about the Libra personality
Ruled by Venus, the planet of love, relationships and business, Librans normally like things in balance. Like the scales of justice, they like to weigh things out, hear both sides of the story, are often attracted to law and justice, have powerful people skills, and a very nice way of putting you in your place, should you step out of line. Peace-loving, politically sensitive and business-minded, they can be impartial as well as justice seeking, ambitious as well as diplomatic, passionate as well as idealistic, saintly as well as sensual. Librans are artistically inclined and generally have very refined senses, are truthful by nature and have a fair sense of play. This consummate Venusian, with all the agreeable positive energies successfully in play, can lead Librans to become influential leaders, lawyers, judges, or charming merchants and business people aiming to create a more heavenly plane here on earth.
But Librans also don’t tend to like to go it alone. They like to be in a close partnership, (love or otherwise) or tend to like to work with others. This makes sense really when you think of the time of year that Sun transits Libra: late autumn with winter just around the corner. In ancient times, people banded together closely to forage for food, share the responsibilities of child-rearing, exchange needed goods, fend off dangerous predators, and make it through the more difficult climactic weather patterns.
In the same way in modern times, we band together in cities, create business networks, we create web pages and blogs, twitter, create Face Book pages, and send texts, in order to connect to others and welcome them into our world. We need friends and contacts to send out invitations to our events. We need musicians to play the instruments we love to hear at the symphony. We need merchants to sell products, but just as importantly, we need customers to merchandise our wares to. The Libran personality usually knows how to do and balance all of these connecting and people-pleasing activities effortlessly. (Or learn how to do them as needed.)
Favorable and unfavorable traits of Libra Ascendant Vedic Sun or Moon: how others react to the justice seeking and business-minded Libra
Librans are generally refined and artistically inclined people who can:
- effortlessly look polished and put together – even glamorous – on a day-to-day level
- appear to have it all – perfect relationship, great business partnerships; success
- smile and make you forget about what you wanted to argue about
- surprise you with their passion and sensuality (once you know them better)
- attract people and be the center of attention with their sweet nature
- startle you with their intellectual gifts and powers of discrimination
- be deeply attracted to causes, truth, law and justice
- connect easily with others in any situation
- be saintly, mystical, musical, and artistic
- be political extremists and activists fighting for justice
- write you a song, poem or a love story as they jot down their legal briefs
- devote their life to your happiness
Along with great people pleasing and diplomatic tendencies which help them become successful – Librans can also:
- have difficulty choosing – they can see the benefits and drawbacks of both sides
- be too tolerant, loving and accepting, sacrificing their own happiness for others
- find it difficult saying “no” to others and setting healthy relationship boundaries
- become overly dependent on a sweetheart or co-workers
- become fanatical about ideas, causes, and movements if they swing to extremes of the balance scale
- have vision problems, diabetes, or urinary tract infections (problems with their waterworks)
- always want to be with others to feel the support or appreciation of the group mentality
- share their good advice too frequently – trying to help others too much
- make poor business and personal relationship decisions
- have a fondness for overeating, or a sweet tooth that makes them overweight or indulgent
- put others out of balance as they attempt to get themselves in balance
Librans can be fanatical or compatible as they strive to find balance and create a more heavenly life on earth
In their extreme desire to create balance and harmony as they see it, some Librans can get very unbalanced and even fanatical at times. Think of the scale of justice swinging entirely towards one end of the scale. When this happens, they can become extremists, lose their center point and create a lot of imbalance in the lives of others and themselves along the way. Extreme Libra energy can find a political, personal, or business cause they believe in, lose perspective and become ruthless – or they can become spiritually inspired to the point of walking away from the world. Both Mahatma Gandhi and Hitler were Libra ascendants – exemplifying two extremes on the balance scale.
The late fall is a great time to go with the flow of naturally balanced Librans you may know!
As Sun transits Libra from October 17 – November 15, all of us may feel the impulse to balance ourselves a little more, work with others a little more closely, be attentive and harmonious in our relationships and more sensitive to others. This is a great time to go with the flow of getting relationship issues in order, planning artistic and social events in your calendar, breaking down barriers between the things that separate us from others, spending time on causes we believe in, coming to agreements with legal matters, hearing the other side of the story, and favoring our diplomatic agreeable side. It’s also the right time to balance our diet and get a good regular (and balanced) routine of exercise and rest – fortifying ourselves with beauty, love, happiness and joy as we approach the starker winter months ahead.
Not up to the balancing task? Call a Libran– you just need to ask!
Jyotish With Paula Advice – includes 10 – top tips to get you through
These tips apply year round to those of us who have Libra Vedic Ascendant, Sun or Moon (or some planets in the 7th house from Ascendant, Sun or Moon, or planets in the 7th sign.)
These tips are very effective to apply for all of us during the transit of Sun through Libra – October 16 – November 15
What to favor
- harmony with others – working together to accomplish a goal
- listening to your own advice more frequently
- creating a beautiful environment at work and at home
- tuning into the symphony of life – music, art, – anything requiring refined sensibilities
- saying “no” gracefully to others. You can do it – let’s practice together …”no” (smile) “no, thank you…” (smile) – see that wasn’t so difficult!
- showing your partner how much you adore them – hearts, flowers, and chocolates will do nicely!
- sharing your substantial intelligence – and not just the pretty package it’s in!
- getting down to the legal matters like drawing up wills and completing other business issues (there are some complications with any business transactions during this particular Sun transit of Libra – 2013 – check out the details here)
- smiling and laughing more – remember that honey attracts more than vinegar
- balancing all the many spheres of your life effortlessly and easily – now see how easy that was?
What to avoid
- taking too much time to make decisions – jump in and make a choice!
- weighing out all the benefits to you personally – before you give of yourself
- too many sweets when you’re feeling stressed out
- late night eating to calm you down or balance you out – it won’t
- spending too much time with others and not enough time with yourself
- saying “I’ll do my best” to others’ requests when you really, really want to say “no”
- standing on the scales – now is the time to really look at what you weigh
- getting stuck in extreme points of view – or taking the middle ground all of the time
- putting off going to the doctor when your eyes feel weak or you’ve got pain in your urinary tract (or lower back)
- dependence on others to get you where you want to go – try striking it out on your own a little more
Take a moment to scroll down and leave a comment …
Copyright: 2013 and each year forward – All Rights Reserved – Jyotish With Paula Blog
This completes the article:
Libra Ascendant Vedic Sun or the Moon
loves beauty and balance – and it can’t come too soon!
- This article is connected to “Sun Transits Libra 2013: eclipsed by Rahu and attacked by Saturn“) Take me to this article.
- Take a moment to scroll down to leave a comment – Paula really appreciates it – and often replies to your comments on-site
- What’s Next? Subscribe to receive free monthly Vedic Astrology Blogs like this and Check out my other top articles and blog postings