Jupiter transits Gemini
soothing or unleashing Saturn Rahu beast in Libra?
Jyotish With Paula Blog – May 31, 2013
Author: Paula Johnsen, M.A.
The Science of Light – inspires, educates, enlightens
1. Jupiter transits Gemini, sign 3 for one year – May 31, 2013 – June 19, 2014. This year could bring dramatic changes – not all glowingly good unless we apply wisdom.
2. Afflicted by Rahu, Jupiter’s natural beneficence may turn from radiant spiritual positivity to over-the-top misplaced optimism. This summer is a good time to be prudent about investments, business and personal relationships.
3. Afflicted Jupiter aspects beastly Saturn Rahu combination in Libra, resulting in nearly insurmountable economic and environmental tension. Harnessed properly, windstorms in the market could be transformed to Kubera – god of riches, for some.
4. Jupiter transits three nakshatras in Gemini: Mrigashira, Ardra, and Punarvasu. Jupiter’s transit over Ardra owned by Rahu is of particular concern.
5. Things could get intense June 29 – August 31 and into the fall. Prepare yourself for some wild environmental and marketplace upsets. Going with the flow of the winds of change helps ease your path.
8. Jupiter tends to make things good again and right again, transiting over Punarvasu – it’s own nakshatra.
Jupiter transits Gemini
Every year, beneficent Jupiter transits one sign, bringing wisdom, prosperity and general goodness to the sign it transits. From May 31, 2013 – June 19th, 2014, Jupiter transits Gemini, sign 3, Mithuna, blessing the sign of communications, interchange, motion, music, writing, business, intelligence, playfulness and wit, with the fullness of Guru. Its good influences also extend to the signs it aspects.
In Vedic Astrology Jupiter brings beneficence to 5th, 7th and 9th from itself
Because Jupiter is currently residing in Gemini (sign 3), this means that Gemini, plus signs 7, 9 and 11 (Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius) benefit from Jupiter’s benefic aspect. This also means that any planets within those signs, either in the birth chart or by transit can feel a positive Jupitarian wave of expansion, abundance and wisdom.
That is, unless Jupiter is afflicted
“Afflicted” in Vedic Astrology means aspected or conjunct with a malefic influence. The malefics in Vedic Astrology are Saturn, Rahu/Ketu, Mars, and Sun (in descending order of malefic intensity).
Rahu – the mouth of the cosmic snake – north node of the moon afflicts Jupiter by aspect
Jupiter will be aspected by willful and wily Rahu (the north node of the moon, a very malefic energy). This affliction of Jupiter by Rahu, may change Jupiter’s normally positive influence into something less than wonderful for a certain period of time. Of particular concern is afflicted Jupiter’s potential influence on Saturn Rahu conjunct (a beastly combination of two strong malefics) in Libra. More on that a little later on in the article.
Isn’t Jupiter always good?
Jupiter is by nature a benefic, which means it represents positive influences in the chart. However, if it is afflicted, which means aspected by or with a malefic energy, Jupiter’s positive energy can be misdirected or influenced in a negative way.
How can Jupiter’s energy be changed by a malefic?
Think of a naturally generous kind, happy person (Jupiter) who’s placed in a room with a rogue or several rough people. Though it is true that Jupiter’s positive energy may influence the ruffians towards good, it also makes sense that Jupiter can be influenced by the coarser energies he’s with or influenced by.
Because Jupiter expands and increases whatever he influences, the rogues can change for the better (if they are mildly malefic) or they may become stronger in their own malevolence, if they are very strongly negative.
Likewise, when Jupiter is aspected or conjunct malefics – Jupiter tends to change in the direction of less than positive. Specifically, Jupiter can lose his more spiritual influence, becoming coarsened with materialism.
In the company of, or influenced by malevolent energy, Jupiter’s beneficence starts to move in the direction of “over-the-top” expansive energy that may be misplaced. This can result in over-optimistic thinking, overly trusting, not protecting itself properly, or over-extending the energy where it is placed in the chart, and what it aspects. Buying drinks for his coarser friends and partying ’til the sun comes up, for example. Over-extending; getting into debt; putting on weight; not thinking about consequences of actions and ending up in court and dealing with litigation – can all be the results of Jupiter afflicted.
To review – here are Jupiter’s two sides
An unafflicted Jupiter positively glows with goodness
- spiritual guidance & merit
- high principles
- enjoys the good life – likes to share his gains
- prosperity, wealth, abundance
- marriage (especially deals with the husband in the birth chart)
More positive characteristics:
- enduring creative intelligence
- expansiveness of spirit and body
- positive spirit – joy in living
- inheritances & lottery winnings
- vigor & vitality – joy of nature and joie de vivre
When afflicted, Jupiter becomes “over-the-top”
- overly optimistic
- overly trusting – not protecting oneself
- over-extending – spending too much
- over-trying & succeeding at nothing
- overly materialistic – status rules
- over-doing things
- overly self-satisfied
- over-paying to please others
- overly ritualistic – caught in ceremony
- overly judgmental
- overflowing problems with litigation and courts
- overly worshipful – perhaps in the wrong direction
How could normally beneficent Jupiter unleash Saturn Rahu?
From June 29th – August 31, 2013, Jupiter will be transiting Ardra Nakshatra, located in the heart of sign 3. Ardra is owned by Rahu – whose deity is Rudra (god of storms), known as “the howler”. With Rahu’s influence on Jupiter, which promotes intensely alternative, and compulsive, addictive tendencies, benefic Jupiter now can get very over-the-top in its desire to become materially successful. When it throws its aspect on to Saturn Rahu (which can be a greedy negative combination) in Libra , Jupiter can fuel an overly optimistic influence on that beastly combination, encouraging people to throw caution to the wind and “just go for it!” in the business, marketplace, and partnership spheres.
What consequences could result?
Some of the negative results of afflicted Jupiter in Gemini’s aspect to the Saturn Rahu beastly combination in Libra:
June 29 – August 30th, things could get intense as Jupiter transits Ardra Nakshatra
The market: People may have such strong desires for the riches of the world that they don’t think their actions or investments through. They may forget about the need to spiritually balance themselves and make a run towards amassing wealth quickly. Because the stock market is viewed as a means to produce quick gains, Rahu’s snaky motions, fueled by Jupiter’s expansive energy could trigger a spiraling and shaky economic ride during June 29th – August 31 (and the two weeks before and after these dates).
Aspected by an overly buoyant Jupiter, Saturn and Rahu in Libra may encourage greed. People may jump into the market hoping to recoup their losses of 2008, even leveraging to achieve this. A huge shake in the market could happen just after this, as Saturn and Rahu get closely conjunct in Libra (see blog).
The initial trigger of unabashed, unleashing of material desires and consumption could increase market storms with Saturn and Rahu in Swati nakshatra – owned by Rahu. This potentially beastly combination in Libra (planet of business and partnerships) could set-off panic and fear in the market. Extreme highs and lows could result and investments made in the market could scatter like the wind. Law suits, great sadness, even an economic depression could follow unless people prepare properly and think things through.
Environmental: Enormous wind-based storms and contracting & expanding shifts in the earth could simultaneously be unleashed at this time bringing immense destruction, or change – scattering people to the winds.
Find ways to soothe & harness the powerful winds of the Saturn Rahu beast – to promote spiritual and material wealth
There is a story in the Ved about how wind was blowing and howling around, causing storms and disturbances to everyone – until he was given a job to do. When wind became focused, and directed all of that powerful energy towards a windmill, then Kubera, the god of infinite wealth was effortlessly created.
Saturn and Rahu together in Libra, in Swati nakshatra, owned by the wind, and Rahu, are like an unleashed beast – potentially destructive. But once harnessed, these powerful energies can be put to work and used for our own personal and collective benefit. Use this time to soothe and harness the powerful wind energy in your life – give it a job!
Some of the positive results of Jupiter in Gemini help harness the Saturn Rahu beast:
- think deeply on the areas of your life that could use the powerful positivity of Guru in Gemini to bring freshness and change
- harness the expansiveness and power present to set sail towards enlightenment
- focus your renewed energy towards positive ends
- put that sweeping energy into focused effort – get to work!
- there are 3 spokes to a modern windmill: choose 3 things to accomplish this year
- don’t allow yourself to get scattered like the wind – set your goals clearly
- remember that the fullness of Guru is blessing communications, music, optimism, interchange, motion, business, intelligence, playfulness and wit in Gemini – use that energy to promote good in your life and those around you
- when you start to feel “over-the-top” obsessive energy pushing you – take a moment and think it through
- keep a long, wise, view – ask yourself what would the Guru, teacher, or wise counselor suggest is the best course
- Choose investments wisely, carefully and not over-optimistically
- If in doubt – leave it out, knowing that you will get your share in time
- Don’t get pushed by panic mentality – not everything is as it seems
- Have a balanced routine, which will encourage a balanced outlook
- Meditation and self-reflection can encourage a more spiritual connection
- Don’t be swayed to do anything that you don’t feel comfortable with – keep a long view
- Avoid addictive circumstances and tendencies where you may feel compulsively moved
- Eat, drink, and consume less during this time
- Avoid debt and pay as you go: keep things simple
- Avoid over-trusting the advice of others and listen to your own opinion
- Avoid travel to well-known storm & quake areas (particularly those influenced by wind-storms)
- Avoid air-travel as things could get very bumpy during this time
- Avoid the south and south-west quadrants of any country or province
- Be prepared for shifts in your environment and maintain a “go with the flow” mentality
- Favor a settled, happy home environment where genuine spirituality is encouraged
- Help those around you to feel peaceful and secure in the midst of change
- Group practice of meditation and advanced programs can avert many calamities – even if you can’t take part personally, think of supporting a worthwhile group promoting peace and harmony
- Attune yourself to the needs of nature – don’t abuse your position of authority
- Let pushy people and circumstances go their own way – disconnect a little
- Maintain a kind, expansive, wise attitude towards your & others’ challenges
September 1 – 16th may offer some relief, as Jupiter transits Punarvasu Nakshatra – making things good again, right again for a brief time. Use this more settled, wise energy well.
Will the Saturn Rahu beast be unleashed or soothed?
As always, it is up to us to use the lessons being presented by nature with the play of the planets in our lives. Will we get greedy, disturbed and scattered by the winds of change, or soothe and leash these powerful forces to set sail towards enlightenment and untold wealth? Even in these challenging times, we can make some decisions that are better than others. Hopefully this article has shed some light on the forces of change banging at the door and rattling our windows.
By fall these elemental influences can really rock your world!
- September 8 – 11 may be feisty or explosive as debilitated Mars first aspects Saturn, then Rahu to the same degree
- September 17th Rahu Saturn are on top of each other – things could get shaky!
- Check out my blog post, dated Feb. 4th, 2013: “Rahu and Saturn in Libra – what you need to know now – before events intensify”
- September may be the ideal time to ride things out in a settled, meditative place
- Tune in for more details of the drama and the amazing play of the planets under the Cosmic Sky – at Jyotish with Paula.
Copyright 2013 – Jyotish With Paula Blog – All Rights Reserved
Comments on this article and all Jyotish With Paula Blogs are warmly appreciated. Scroll down to leave one. If you’ve enjoyed this article, and website, consider making a donation, or joining our of family of sponsors.
Copyright: 2013 – Jyotish With Paula Blog and Just Pressed Jyotish – All Rights Reserved